Caring for Chromebooks (3-5 Video)
2018-2019 Leaksville-Spray Student Pledge for Chromebook Use
- I will be a responsible user on any electronic device used at Leaksville-Spray including Chromebooks, Color Nooks, Desktop Computers in the Labs and Media Center.
- I will take good care of my assigned Chromebook.
- I will never leave my Chromebook unattended with the lid open.
- I will never loan my password information to other students.
- I will never change the screensaver or desktop wallpaper on the Chromebook unless instructed by my teacher.
- I will know where my Chromebook is at all times.
- I will let my teacher know the battery life of my Chromebook by the end of the day.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my Chromebook.
- I will not disassemble any part of my Chromebook or attempt any repairs.
- I will always carry my Chromebook with two hands at all times with LID CLOSED.
- I will never put my Chromebook on the floor.
- I will practice good digital citizenship by avoiding cyberbullying, non-educational websites, sharing personal information, and plagiarism.
- I will not place any decorations on the Chromebook.
- I will not deface the serial number, barcode or other labels on my Chromebook.
- I will not add or remove apps, erase history or change desktop screen without permission at anytime throughout the year.
- I understand that my Chromebook is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of Leaksville-Spray Elementary School.
- I will use my Chromebook in ways that are appropriate and meet Leaksville-Spray Elementary expectations.
- I will follow the policies outlined on the AUP Acceptable Usage Policy that was signed by my parents and myself.
- I will be mindful that access to any electronic device including the Chromebook is a privilege; a privilege that can be lost.
- I understand if my Chromebook is damaged, I will be without a chromebook for an unlimited length of time until it is repair. I will have to use pencil/paper or share with a classmate if feasible.
Student’s Name (Printed) ________________________________________Date___________
Student’s Signature ___________________________________________________________
Parent’s Signature _____________________________________________ Date___________